Including a gift to St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation in your will is a special way to support St. Joe’s. With a planned gift (also known as a legacy gift), you can ensure that your values live on and know that you’re helping provide future generations of west-enders with the best healthcare possible.
There are different ways to remember St. Joseph’s in your will. You can designate a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your total assets. You can also leave a gift of life insurance or donate securities like stocks and bonds.
For many of us, a planned gift will be the largest gift we will make.
Planned giving donors become part of the St. Joe’s Society. As a member you’ll be invited to events and educational seminars. With permission, members of St. Joseph’s Society are recognized on our donor wall.
Your lawyer, accountant, financial planner or insurance agent can help you determine what kind of planned gift would be best for you, your family and your estate.
Include St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation in your will
A gift to St. Joe’s in your will is referred to as a bequest. A bequest is a simple provision in your will. Benefits include:
- You keep full control of your assets during your lifetime.
- Your cash resources won’t be affected while you need them.
- The final taxes on your estate will be reduced, which can be a big advantage for your heirs and a great comfort to you.
There are different types of bequests, so you can choose the one that best suits your circumstances and wishes. For example, you can designate a specific dollar amount or a portion of your assets.
For the purposes of bequests, please designate your gift to St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation.
Please let us know if you have already included St. Joe’s in your will or if you are planning to. Email Gillian Cambridge, firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 416-530-6486 ext. 3851.
Donors who remember St. Joe’s in their will become members of our St. Joe’s Society. You will be invited to events and your name will be added to our Donor Wall (with your permission).
You can make a gift of life insurance by naming St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation as your beneficiary in a new or existing policy. Benefits:
- By paying small premiums during your lifetime, you can build a sizeable gift for the future.
- The insurance premiums are tax deductible. You can either receive donation receipts equal to the premiums you pay each year, or your estate can receive a donation receipt upon your death.
- Your estate is protected, since life insurance is considered separate from your estate. A gift of life insurance is not subject to probate fees or settlement delays, and cannot be contested. That means the proceeds from your policy can be put into action right away.