To reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses, including COVID-19, you should follow the below health precautions:
- washing your hands often using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoiding contact with people who are sick
- covering your cough with a tissue or sneezing in your elbow
- staying home when you are sick
- frequently cleaning and disinfecting touched objects and surfaces
- minimizing close contact with others (social distancing)
If you are a patient or visitor, please continue to visit unityhealth.to for frequently asked questions and regular updates on Unity Health Toronto’s policies.
As a reminder, if you are concerned about your symptoms and/or worried about potential exposure to COVID-19, we encourage you to connect with Toronto Public Health and your primary health care providers close to home; this will help keep our Emergency Department resources available for trauma and emergent care patients.
You can call Toronto Public Health’s Hotline at 416-338-7600, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, call 311 and ask for Toronto Public Health.